I have found that quite a few people consider facials to be a “treat” or a “luxury”, when in reality they should be a regular part of every person’s skincare regime. I feel as a skincare professional that it’s my duty to help educate the masses. Yes, they can be extremely relaxing and feel pampering, but did you know all of the other benefits that go along with doing this guilty pleasure once a month? Here are the top 5 reasons why facials are ideal on a consistent basis.
- Allows a professional, trained esthetician to educate you on a proper skincare routine and products for your skin type and concerns. This helps you to know what you should be doing at home and what you should be investing your money in as there are a lot of options and they can be overwhelming.
- Facials increase circulation = optimal health for the renewal of skin cells to take place. Facials also aid in detoxification. They decrease the waste that lies beneath the skin that can cause puffiness, redness, and fluid retention by manipulating the lymphatic system that’s beneath the skin.
- They slow the aging process. Yes, you read that correctly. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother and restore that healthy glow. Facials help reduce fine lines, age spots and relieve dehydrated skin. All of these benefits help us to feel better about our skin. The use of exfoliation, massage and penetration of antioxidants, nutrients and peptides, all combined fight to reverse aging. We will all continue to age, but facials allow us to do it more gracefully with glowing, firm and hydrated skin.
- A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level and exfoliate deeper than you can achieve on your own at home. Professional extractions help to remove debris in the pores and keep the pores from enlarging due to accumulation. Think of unexfoliated skin as trying to water your lawn with a bunch of dead leaves on top of it. The water has a super hard time penetrating the soil. Same thing with your skincare products. It has to fight past the layers of dead skin to penetrate. Exfoliated skin = optimal product penetration.
- A good facial paired with a facial massage promotes collagen production, which is the building block of the skin. Collagen is the strength of the skin and prevents premature aging, wrinkles and sagging.
Getting a facial once a month is like going to the gym every day or going to the dentist. Consider it an investment in the overall health of your skin. It will thank you.